Mr. Gary Genovese is a Partner in the Firm’s Fort Lauderdale office. Mr. Genovese’s practice encompasses health care law, insurance coverage litigation, medical malpractice, personal injury/wrongful death, and professional negligence and malpractice.
Mr. Genovese has been Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Rated since 1996 and is listed among the state’s top attorneys in the Florida Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
An accomplished and nationally-known trial lawyer, Mr. Genovese has taken over 150 jury trials to verdict in state and federal courts. His verdicts have been reported in a variety of media publications, including USA Today, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal.
In conjunction with his litigation practice, Mr. Genovese provides risk management, loss control guidance and supervision to insurers, healthcare and business clients. He has managed, trained and supervised more than 75 attorneys at two respective law firms. And, he developed policies, procedures and claims handling systems for the fifth largest public healthcare organization in the United States.
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2005 to present
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member, 2002 to present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1985 to present
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, 1985 to present
- Represented a country music entertainer when she and her husband were sued over a serious accident which took place on their yacht. The case received extensive media coverage throughout the United States. During the four day trial which culminated in a defense verdict on behalf of the Defendants. Mr. Genovese was the sole trial counsel for the Defendants.
- Represented a national powerboat racing association from a wrongful death action brought by the family of one of its boat owners following a tragic drowning accident during an offshore powerboat race in Florida.
- Represented a controversial national figure against whom a class action was brought in Florida arising out of political activities conducted by the individual and his organization.
- Defended an intensive care unit physician in one of the largest public hospital organizations in the United States against a wrongful death action brought by the family of a 12-year old child who died while under the care of this physician in the ICU of a notable hospital. The case resulted in a Defense Verdict for client at the conclusion of a two-week jury trial.
- Defended a national powerboat manufacturer against a class action brought by one of its franchisees in Broward County Circuit Court alleging improper franchising practices, costs and breach of contract. Notably, the action against client was brought by a preeminent attorney, F. Lee Bailey.
- Represented a national transport company against a significant lawsuit for personal injuries arising out of an accident which occurred in Northern New England which left the Plaintiff a high-level quadriplegic. Was specifically retained as lead trial counsel for this matter which was filed in Federal District Court in Boston. The same carrier has retained counsel for the defensive actions in other states in addition to lawsuits throughout the State of Florida.
- Has continued to represent the fifth largest public hospital organization in defense of professional negligence and general liability matters with several of these actions culminating in defense verdicts on behalf of the health care organization.