Mr. John Scherer is a Partner in the Firm’s Fort Lauderdale office. Mr. Scherer’s government relations practice focuses on providing clients throughout South Florida with strategic counsel on procurement and government contract issues. Mr. Scherer focuses his litigation practice on construction and land use litigation.
As a Certified General Contractor with significant experience in construction, Mr. Scherer is able to serve the Firm’s clients either as special counsel or as an expert witness on large complex commercial and residential construction cases.
In addition to his role at Conrad & Scherer, Mr. Scherer is the President and Owner of Gulf Building and Gulf Design Group. Mr. Scherer’s experience at Gulf affords his clients the benefit of his business acumen and his hands on knowledge of construction, development, and government contracts.
- Broward County Enterprise Zone Board, Board Member, 2013 to present
- City of Fort Lauderdale, Economic Advisory, Board Member, 2013 to present
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Council, Board Member, 2013 to present
- Florida Building Commission, Board Member, Governor Crist Appointee, 2009 to present
- Construction Association of South Florida, 2006 to present
- Board of Directors for Associated Builders and Contractors, Southeast FL Division, Director, 2006 to 2012
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Florida Chapter, Member, 2006 to 2012
- Unsafe Structures Board for the City of Fort Lauderdale, Board Member, 2006 to 2012
- Named “Top 40 Under 40” by South Florida Business Journal, 2014
- Named “Top 40 Professionals Under 40 – Broward County Rising Stars” by Gold Coast Magazines, 2009